DSA application for Secondary One Admission in 2024
We cordially invite eligible students in one of the following areas to apply:
- Concert Band
- Show Choir
- Uniformed Groups (Boys’ Brigade, Girls’ Brigade, National Police Cadet Corps and Red Cross Youth)
Students with these qualities should apply:
|Leadership||We are looking for promising Primary 6 (or equivalent) students who demonstrate the following:
1. Leadership qualities:
• Have leadership opportunities in Primary School
• Have experience in initiating and/or organizing Primary School or community-based events such as Sports Day, Camps, or Values-in-Action (VIA) project(s)
2. Passion to serve:
• Have demonstrated empathy, interest and commitment to serve the peers, school and community
• Have participated actively in community service activities
3. Good character:
• Have obtained a Conduct Grade of at least ‘Good’ in Primary 5 and 6.
|Concert Band||The applicant must satisfy any one of the following:
• Attended a music-related CCA
• Obtained at least a Grade 3 in Theory/Practical in a musical instrument
• Represented the school at a local/international competition, festival or performance (e.g. SYF, SIBF, SNYO, National Day Parade, Mosaic Music Festival)
• Participated in at least 2 performances to a live audience (e.g. school events/ public performance)
• Obtained any other outstanding achievement in relevant areas
|Show Choir||The applicant must satisfy any one of the following:
• Attended Choir/ Show Choir CCA
• Represented the school at a local/international choir competition (e.g. B-Dazzled Show Choir Grand Festival, Singapore Youth Festival)
• Obtained any other outstanding achievement in singing and dancing, preferably through a recognized event
|Uniformed Groups||Our Uniformed Groups consist of Boys’ Brigade, Girls’ Brigade, NPCC and Red Cross Youth
We are looking for applicants who exhibit all or some of the following qualities to join the school:
• Possess strong leadership qualities – Holds a leadership position in a uniformed group, CCA or in the primary school (e.g. prefect, class monitor, sports leader)
• Good fitness level – Obtained at least a Silver Award in the Primary school NAPFA test
• Good character – Obtained a Conduct Grade of at least ‘Good’ in Primary 5 and 6.
|4 May (11am) to 31 May 2023 (3pm)||Application Opens
*If you are a student studying in MOE mainstream primary school, you may login to the DSA-Sec Portal to apply via a parent’s Singpass. If you are unable to apply online, approach your Primary School for assistance.
*If you are not from MOE mainstream primary school, you will need to apply for a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) to access the DSA-Sec Portal at https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application
The application is free of charge.
|26 June to 11 September 2023||Selection Period
Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email/phone call to attend a selection session. Details of the selection session will be provided to the shortlisted applicants via email/phone call.
|23 October (9am) to 27 October 2023 (3pm)||School Preference Submission
Students who received offers through DSA-Sec should submit their preferred choice of schools through the DSA-Sec Portal.
|22 November to 24 November 2023||DSA-Sec Allocation Results Release
Successful candidates studying in MOE mainstream school will receive their results together with their PSLE Results through their primary school.
Candidates not studying in MOE mainstream schools will receive their DSA-Sec results via email.
For more information on Direct School Admission, please visit:-
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Please note that:
Students successfully allocated to their DSA-Sec schools will NOT be allowed to participate in the annual S1 Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools, and are expected to honour the commitment to the allocated DSA Sec School for the entire duration of the programme.
Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted/given an offer.
For general enquiries, you may contact the following staff:
Ms Siti Mashita (Admin Executive / DSA Co-ordinator)
Tel: 6765 3828